We are currently seeking to add an experienced individual to our team in Memphis, TN. This position will perform detailed activities in preparing financial plans for all W&A client and prospect presentations for 1-2 years while learning the W&A investment and financial planning process.
Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- CPA license (preferred)
- Complete the CFP® examination during the first year of employment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel & PowerPoint
- Prepare financial plans and investment reviews for advisors to be reviewed by Senior Financial Planning Associate
- Print presentation books for advisor meetings
- Perform special projects for the investment committee, CEO, or advisors
- Occasionally join advisors for client meetings
What is a Wealth Strategist?
The position of Wealth Strategist is the best fit for a candidate with an in-depth knowledge of tax and investment strategies that desires to work directly with clients. A Wealth Strategist within our team has a developed skill set that allows him or her to analyze individual, business, and organizational assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives. A Wealth Strategist must also develop appropriate financial planning and investment strategies and confidently communicate the recommendations to clients.
Is this you?
- Are you a CPA with 3-5 years of experience?
- Are you tired of preparing tax returns?
- Would you rather use your CPA knowledge to help provide holistic financial planning and tax planning?
- Do you enjoy managing your own finances, including budgeting, investments, and tracking net worth?
- Are you interested in economics and capital markets? Do you read Michael Lewis’s books, the Wall Street Journal, Warren Buffet’s shareholder letters, or listen to the Planet Money podcast?
- Do you like solving financial puzzles? How much do I need to save to retire? Lease or buy?
- Do you possess the ability to relate to people – form a relationship – find a need – fill the need?
- Would you like to become the trusted resource for your clients for financial advice?
- Do you want to create your own relevant content pieces and publicize them in articles, newsletters, and media releases?
- Do you enjoy beautiful spring weekends outside of work and the office?
- Do you effectively manage time and resources?
- Are you self-motivated?
- Are you attracted to a boutique firm with the ability to tap into the resources of a global firm?
- Do you want to be part of a team with the potential to grow into leadership and ownership?
- Financial Plan Development
- Relationship Management
- Client Service
- Investment Portfolio Management
- CPA/PFS with 3-5 years of client-facing experience
- Small business/entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communication skills
- Must be organized with attention to detail
- Competitive salary with bonus and business development incentives
- Access to group health, dental, and vision
- 401k plan
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid professional dues
- Collaboration with and learning opportunities from other Wealth Strategists with extensive industry experience
Waddell & Associates has provided Hippocratic oath-driven financial services for over 30 years, and our first client families are still with us. We now have 1000 clients across 48 states.
We are not siloed. When you join the firm, you have access to the collective knowledge of all the investment committee members and all the advisors in the firm.
We live by our Core Values:
– Integrity Above Everything
– We’re All in the Same Boat
– We’re Forever Students
– Our Gratitude Inspires Us
At W&A, there is a fundamental understanding that we are humans first. This company was built on family, and family remains the priority today. We support each other and step in and help when necessary.
We are a small firm with a heart of gold. We strive to enrich lives daily by radiating nurturing care from the top down. We pride ourselves on offering fabled service to our clients and internally to our co-workers. We are built on honor, integrity, and service. Collectively, we have experienced a multitude of circumstances, and we are passionate about sharing our wisdom and understanding with our clients.
We have a culture team dedicated to ensuring that individual team members feel valued and appreciated. We have partners who are accessible and supportive and a leader with a clear vision of the future. We have a company-wide annual bonus based on top-line growth, which keeps everyone engaged. We hold regular training programs to better ourselves and give every team member a voice in shaping our strategic initiatives. Everyone’s opinion is valued and considered, and our business is stronger for it.