Job Title: Financial Planner
We are currently seeking to add an experienced individual to our team in Memphis, TN. This position will perform detailed activities in preparing financial plans for all W&A client and prospect presentations for 1-2 years while learning the W&A investment and financial planning process.
It is expected that the Financial Planner will become a W&A Wealth Strategist and begin advising clients after 1-2 years of experience in the Financial Planning department.
Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- CPA license (preferred)
- Complete the CFP® examination during the first year of employment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel & PowerPoint
- Prepare financial plans and investment reviews for advisors to be reviewed by Senior Financial Planning Associate
- Print presentation books for advisor meetings
- Perform special projects for the investment committee, CEO, or advisors
- Occasionally join advisors for client meetings
What is a Wealth Strategist?
The position of Wealth Strategist is the best fit for a candidate with an in-depth knowledge of tax and investment strategies that desires to work directly with clients. A Wealth Strategist within our team has a developed skill set that allows him or her to analyze individual, business, and organizational assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives. A Wealth Strategist must also develop appropriate financial planning and investment strategies and confidently communicate the recommendations to clients.
Is this you?
- Are you a CPA with 3-5 years of experience?
- Do you enjoy managing your own finances including budgeting, investments, and tracking net worth?
- Are you interested in economics and capital markets? Do you read Michael Lewis’s books, the Wall Street Journal, Warren Buffet’s shareholder letters, or listen to the Planet Money podcast?
- Do you like solving financial puzzles? How much do I need to save to retire? Lease or buy?
- Would you rather spend more time planning strategically and tactically with clients than completing compliance functions?
- Do you possess the ability to relate to people – form a relationship – find a need – fill the need?
- Would you like to become the trusted resource for your clients for financial advice?
- Do you want to create your own relevant content pieces and publicize them in articles, newsletters, and media releases?
- Do you enjoy beautiful spring weekends outside of work and the office?
- Do you effectively manage time and resources as well as self-motivate?
- Do you want to work in a great workspace with a legitimate office and the convenience of restaurants, retail shops, and green space right outside the front door?
- Are you attracted to a boutique firm with the ability to tap into the resources of a global firm?
- Do you want to be part of a team with the potential to grow into leadership and ownership?
- Financial Plan Development
- Relationship Management
- Client Service
- Investment Portfolio Management
- CPA/PFS with 3-5 years of client-facing experience
- Small business/intrapreneurial spirit
- Strong communication skills
- Must be organized with an attention to detail
- Competitive salary with bonus and business development incentives
- Access to group health, dental, and vision
- 401k plan
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid professional dues
- Collaboration with and learning opportunities from other Wealth Strategists with extensive industry experience
Waddell & Associates is a fee-only wealth management firm that has faithfully served clients across the Mid-South for more than three decades. Though times have changed, we’ve benefited from one enduring constant: the quality of our people. Every individual member of our team is committed to providing our clients with honest, thoughtful counsel. Our purpose is to improve the lives of our clients by providing them clarity.